4/12/2011

Week 2, day 2 - A different story

Managing my time has always been a problem for me. Now that I have two kids, it's even more difficult to find enough time for everything I want. This day was a perfect example, but all in all, I have to say I have quite a productive day behind me. One 'family event' in the morning - breakfast and coffee in town, nice stroll home, then some work, lunch (delivered), my husband taking a nap with my older son, while I'm spending one-to-one time with the baby (this doesn't happen too often), some more work, then another family event in the afternoon: some cake and ice cream in the patisserie. Then a much needed mini grocery shopping, clothes dropped off to the ironing lady, then I finally managed to go to the gym.

By the time I got there, I realised that I only have about 45 minutes to finish gym plan 1, that took me an hour and a half the first time. I thought the gym will be empty like in the mornings, but it was a different story: almost every cardio machine was taken, ladies sweating to kill the pounds. As I was doing my 5 minute warm-up on one of the bikes, I felt like I know a secret - these ladies are working hard on the cardio machines, and I'm off to the weights! They will probably think that I'm trying to build some muscle, but they have no idea that I'm going to beat them in losing weight in a couple of weeks! :) They were all guided by their personal trainer, who happened to be the only male in the gym, and I felt smarter than him too!

To speed up the process, and to make sure I get home by bath time to get the kids ready for bed, I decided that I will do the three sessions of every exercise in one sit, rather than going from one machine to the other, doing three circuits - like I did last time. It prove to be quite time-saving. In the 45 minutes I had, I managed to finish 10 of 12 exercises. The one that I missed was the inch-worm and the crunches. I thought that I will do these too at home, after I put the children in bed, but of course I didn't. I was sooo hungry, so had two sandwiches, loaded the dishwasher, ironed my husband's chef coat for tomorrow, and emptied the washing machine. Now it's quarter past 11, I'm so sleepy but have a bit more work to do. So I'm wrapping this up, thinking the next time I will be in the gym is probably Sunday - the end of another week!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése